Wednesday, June 30, 2010

What is happiness to you?

My brain hurts today because I've been dealing with drama that should have been left behind in junior high... I'm nearly 30 and yet I have been dragged into nonsense created by someone else. Why? Well I only have speculations, speculations that I believe come from a place of awareness. Human behaviour intrigues me and well this behaviour is the most intriguing thus far. Well ok maybe not THE most but pretty close...

Why is it that people who are unhappy with themselves and their lives feel the need to bring down others. I just don't get it... Happiness is what we make out of any given situation... and if you aren't happy in your situation does taking down someone else all of a sudden change things? It doesn't, yet so many people in this world seem to think that it does.  In fact one of my favourite songs asks some questions about happiness I would like to ask a lot of people... for example; "If you're so goddamn perfect how come you're so far from a smile?"

If happiness is a state of mind does that mean those who have a hard time achieving happiness have a skewed state of mind? There are pills and psychiatrists for those states but what about those who cannot or refuse to acknowledge there may be problems? What happens then? Do the people in their lives just follow along and hope for the best? Do they try and help that person realize that there could be something wrong? Can someone look for help when they are blind to their problems?

I think that's the problem. If you are not aware of the things that you are bringing you down you cannot take the necessary steps to change it. And if you are so unaware of the things going on within yourself can anyone else help you? Doubtful...

No comments:

Post a Comment