Thursday, July 22, 2010

It's a Small World: Internet edition

I have to admit I had a total geek moment the other day.  I put something on twitter and had 3 people retweet me.  I know I know total dorkiness but I couldn't help it.  Still the result is pretty damn cool.

I was watching Jeopardy a few nights ago and thought one of the contestants was cute in a nerdy way.  And I still stand by it.  Well I took to twitter and said so.  A friend poked fun at me and then lo and behold other people retweeted me.  I guess I wasn't the only one.  So I missed him the second (which was in fact his 3rd time) time and pleaded to watch it last night.  I wanted to try again and see if people were listening.  I was right.  I actually know his name and am definitely going for #teamkrizel tonight.  Ha I feel like such a dork.

But if you think about it, it's actually kind of neat.  I'm sitting on the west coast tuned in to an obviously prerecorded game show.  I make a comment on the interweb about it and am instantly connected.  This carries over into so many aspects on "being online".  There has never been this level of connectivity before.  If you have a question for a "star" and they have a means in which you can reach them.  Facebook, twitter, forums, message boards, and youtube.  If someone you are trying to connect with uses those forums regularly there's a good chance you will achieve it.  Kelsey Grammer has a goal of following a million people.  And he does work towards that goal.  Answering questions constantly, same with Kevin Smith.  It's amazing when you think how different it was even 10 years ago.

I'm kicking myself for not jumping on the twitter train when I first signed up last year.  If not earlier.  It confused me at first but I was just being lazy.  It's been pretty easy to sort out.  Now if I can only come up with something so DRATW that @Nathan Fillion would respond....

No comments:

Post a Comment