Friday, July 30, 2010

Just Do It

I have a problem with procrastinating.  A big problem.  To explain this succinctly, I recently checked two books out, one about the internet (never finished it and I had it for about a month, not a good/easy read) and the other was about procrastination.  I posted on FB "Checked out a book about procrastination, think I'll finish it tomorrow".  Ha ha it was pretty funny, even though it was the honest truth.  I was heading to Princeton the next day and thought I might read it on the way or while we were there.  Anyways - I never did crack it open and returned it.

Looking on the library's catalogue list I see that Phil Plait's (@BadAstronomer) book "Death from the skies! : these are the ways the world will end" has 6 copies available and one at the branch just down the road.  I've been meaning to pick it up and it is only 5 minutes away, and I was reading a John Grisham novel so I wasn't in that big of a hurry.  Well that novel is almost done and it's fireworks night tomorrow so I figured I could pick up the book tomorrow.  Seeing as I have procrastinated this entire week...

Pretty sure you can tell where this is going.  The book is checked out.  I procrastinated and now its gone until August 27th according to the website.  I tweeted "Dammit!Procrastinated getting a book from the library & it's checked out. Maybe I should check out the "Stop Procrastinating" book instead."  And I mean it.  This is most likely going to get worse before it gets better.

Alas said procrastination book is also checked out.  FML.

No comments:

Post a Comment