Sunday, August 1, 2010

Vow #2

The summer of 2010 will forever go down as the summer I reawakened my nerdness.  The summer of Dr Who and Twitter.  The summer of looking for sites, blogs and podcasts that have a nerd/geek spin to it.  It will also be the summer that I vow to go to Comic Con.  At least once before it's too late.

I've known about and been interested in Comic Con for awhile now.  A place where many of the things that I enjoy come together.  Now I know it started as a Comic Convention, and even though I didn't really read them outside of Archie I do remember watching X-Men when I was really young.  I watched Get Smart & Bewitched when I was 8 or 9 and I'm guessing they would have had an attendance there nowadays.  So it isn't that big of a stretch to think I would want to go.

Best idea would be to try and hit up the San Diego one.  I could incorporate the West Coast road trip into it and end up in San Diego as I'm pretty sure that I would want to save the convention for the end of the trip.  I would seriously consider going down in cosplay but I would most likely stick to some sort of "wenchish" idea.  Unless of course I discover some sort of character that I absolutely fall in love with... hmm I could probably do River Song.  If she's still applicable by the time I make it there.

Alright!  So plan is; save money and plan to hit up Comic Con.  I'm crossing my fingers that it will be for 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment