Thursday, August 5, 2010

Who's to say?

With so many discussions about what we should or should not be doing I frequently wonder what people think I may be doing "wrong".  Not that I really care but admittedly I have found myself defending my choices in case the other person does have that opinion.  So today I'd like to share the things I do that may be perceived as "wrong" by some.
I am doing something wrong because:
 - movie & sushi at home is a great Friday night
 - I don't want to sit at the beach in the middle of the day for hours
 - I smoke
 - watching TV is something I truly enjoy
 - hanging out is better than a Yaletown "club"
 - there's nothing wrong with a responsible hunter and I would go myself, and participate in the rest.
 - I read the Province instead of a "real" newspaper
 - "still" single
 - no interest in desperately searching for a husband
 - I still don't know if I want kids
 - I have no desire to join a gym, its not about exercise it's just the gym part
 - won't even step foot in a Starbucks unless I have to
 - don't drink red wine and no real interest in wines.

 Now the question is... am I ashamed of these things therefore I believe others will judge me?  OR Have my experiences shown me that other people "look down" on those things?  Might as well throw a third question in there.  Do some people "look down" because they secretly feel the same way and are ashamed themselves?


No comments:

Post a Comment